Mar 28, 2016

The Frugal Fashionista - Spending Less to Look Great

Lauren Conrad: Easy Spring Style



I love Lauren Conrad's look in this picture.  Her whole outfit embodies comfy chic in the best possible way.  Love the leggings with the tan suede boots (my favorite) and an oversize boyfriend sweater.  The MAIN difference between Lauren and me, aside from the obvious, are our budgets.

See, I just can't spend heaps of money on clothes or accessories anymore.  Yes, I do still spend the majority of my extra funds on makeup BECAUSE that's my thing but that also means there's less in the budget for clothes, shoes and accessories.  It's a game sometimes to find the best articles of clothes that cost the least amount.

The Frugal Fashionista



I created this set using items that were ALL priced below $50.  I am loving tote bags right now (more on this later) and love all types of suede looking boots and booties.  PLUS, these distressed girlfriend jeans are gorgeous and available at your local H&M.  Look at that little suede tan skirt and black kimono.  So cute.  Also, one of my go-to fragrances, BCBG Max Azaria, is on sale for $19.99.  AMAZING steal.


This, my friends, is the tote bag I'm obsessed with.  It's from a brand called the Whipping Post and it's made using 100% vegetable tanned leather.  It also carries a price tag of $195 USD.  It's amazing though.


This bag is cute too AND a pretty good shaped dupe for the Whipping Post bag of my dreams.  It's by Street Level and this bag reverses into a tan bag as well.  All for the low price of $49 from American Eagle Outfitters.

See, looking great doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, you just have to be a saavy shopper.  What are some of your favorite purchases that didn't stretch the budget?

    

1 comment:

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.