Feb 26, 2016

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Toners for All Skin Types


In sticking with the toner discussion from earlier this week, I thought it'd be cool to make our own toner in case you don't want to spend the money on store brands AND also use something on your skin that's pure.

I mentioned in my other post the amazing benefits of using toner and what type of toner you should be using based on your skin concerns.  The same would go with making a toner - remember to narrow it down to your skin type.

Homemade Toner for Oily or Acne Prone Skin

3/4 cup steeped green tea 
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

After steeping the tea in hot water, let rest until the tea is room temperature, then discard the tea bag.  Add in the apple cider vinegar.  That's it!  You can either spritz on your cleansed face OR use with a cotton pad (which I recommend).  Store in a sealed container for no more than 10 days in the refrigerator.

Homemade Toner for Sensitive Skin

1/2 cup dried rose buds 
hot filtered water 

Pour the water over the rose buds and let the mixture sit for 1-2 hours.  Strain the liquid from the buds and you now have your rosewater.  Store in a sealed container, in the refrigerator, for no more than a week.  Again, you can spritz this on your cleansed face OR apply with a cotton pad.

Homemade Toner for Dry Skin

rosewater (using the above recipe)
geranium essential oil 

Once you've made the rosewater using the recipe above, add a few drops of the geranium essential oil.  That's it!  I really like this toner.  It's great for dry skin BUT I just adore the smell.  Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for no longer than a week.  Apply by either spritzing or using a cotton pad.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the toners.  Let me know if you try the recipes out!

Happy Friday Glossers.

    

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I think it's a great option to have and they are all so easy!! I can't wait to try them out! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.