Nov 21, 2014

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Lavender Foot Soak

Photo courtesy of Spa Around the World
I knew when I got pregnant that I would most likely be sick, nauseous and very tired.  And I have been all of these, though less so now as I move into my second trimester.

Instead, i'm now dealing with sore feet.  All the time!

Today for example.  I am sitting at my desk working away, wearing my favorite brown boots and stretching my feet underneath my desk.  I don't know if I stretched my foot the wrong or am just falling apart BUT my right foot cracked in the most hideous way and I am now completely swollen.

Now, you are probably saying that this has nothing to do with being pregnant however, this weird muscle cramp snap thing has never occurred before so yes, I am blaming little bean for this...ha.

On that note, I see a much needed luxurious foot soak in my future....


Lavender Foot Soak 

You will need:
4-5 liters of water
A few drops of lavender essential oil
1/4 cup epsom salt

Boil the water and, once boiled, let it cool down to a comfortable temperature for your tootsies.  Add the lavender and salt, stirring gently.  Put your feet in the mixture and enjoy!

Nothing makes me feel better than a foot soak.  Especially after a long, hard week at both work and the gym.  Enjoy, ladies, and Happy Friday!

   

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about those issues but this idea sounds great for me! I mean I'm not pregnant but would have a lot of use with the foot soak

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment lady! You should absolutely make the foot soak. Fridays should be about pampering yourself....xo

      Delete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.