Apr 11, 2012

OPI Axxium Gel Manicure in Cajun Shrimp

Just around the corner from our condo a gorgeous nail salon/spa has just opened its doors.  In fact, they opened about two weeks ago and I've already been there twice for manicures.  I LOVE that they're so close and so inexpensive: A full manicure, plus fantastic arm and hand massage, is only $20.

Before our trip to Pender Island this past weekend, I went for a manicure Thursday afternoon and selected this awesome fluorescent pink tone.  However, when I woke up the next morning, two of my nails were chipped!  (I should mention that polish NEVER stays on my nails despite my best efforts.)  So, Monday morning I went back to the salon and decided to try Axxium Gel.  (At a cost of only $10 more).  I've heard many good things about it and was especially happy that the color is supposed to last much longer than regular polish.

The manicure was fairly standard up to the point of lacquering the nails.  At this point, Cindy (the nail tech) pulled out this very large, bulky, fluorescent bulb nail drier and began the process of coating my nails.  Each finger was done individually of course, with my hands being placed in the drier after each nail was coated.  Once the final layer was applied, I sat with my hands under the hot fan for 10 minutes and then, the polish was set.  As soon as I got up to pay, I hit my nail on my wallet (pretty standard with me) and was shocked to see that my nail was still in tact.  Cindy explained that the polish will stay on until I return to them to have it removed or changed, so I'm eager to see how long it will really last.  Great color though right?

Photo courtesy of www.nailderoyale.com
Have any of you ladies tried the gel manicures before?  What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. very pretty color!! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... that's really cool. I haven't heard of it before and chipping is one reason that I don't typically get my nails done. I think is this a must for me to try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a deal and such a fun spring shade! I need to get my nails done soon, thanks for reminding me.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a Shellac manicure which is basically the same thing. It's by OPI and it uses a UV light. It stayed for over two weeks, and would have stayed longer if I didn't take it off myself. Obviously at that point the polish had grown out so much it needed to be redone, but I still look great other than that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.