Feb 13, 2012

Lusting Over....Estee Lauder's Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

Sometimes the world can be so magical a place that radiant, illuminated skin can come from a bottle.

According to Estee Lauder, that day has come.

I realize this product has been out for a couple months but for some reason it's just made its way to my "want" list today.  The reason for my sudden desire you ask?  Well, with the wedding coming up in 7 months, I'm on a quest to find the best radiance in a bottle.  For those that know me quite well, I'm always on the hunt for the perfect product that creates a dewy, glowing complexion.  Of course, there are always my tried and true illuminators, which I love, BUT my all-time favorite has been discontinued.  This, of course, means I must continue searching to find the perfect replacement.  Enter Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator.

I've been using Estee Lauder's original Idealist for years now and adore it.  Honestly, it not only makes my pores smaller but it smooths all my fine lines, creates an even skintone and makes my skin feel silky smooth.  In terms of primers go, this is my go-to.  The only thing lacking with this product is the non-existent shimmer.  Yes, I know that not everyone wants to be a shimmery pixie (like I do) but it would be nice if this product had a radiant addition.  Which, I'm sure could be the reason Estee Lauder created the Idealist Illuminator.

This product not only does everything the regular Idealist does but also gives your skin that slight glow.  Plus, when used daily you'll notice that your puffy eyes and dark circles will dissipate.  On that alone this product is worth it.

Bad news is the price.  Yes, it is rather expensive but it does work.  Prices are as follows: 3.4 oz $135 (USD), 1.7 oz $85 (USD) and 1.0 oz $58 (USD).  I'm definitely going to be saving my pennies for this product that's for sure.

Have you tried any of the Idealist products before?  What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! That's pricey! But if I got to sample it and know that it works, I'd totally fork over some moolah for it. :) When you get it, please do a review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a HG product! I see what you mean about the shimmer, it would be nice , then again I'm not sure it would be very estee lauder-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator, sadly it didn't do enough for me... maybe I had my hopes set too high, or my skin was in funk too deep to be helped by this product... but I wasn't won over. Eventually I plan to give it another go, like in a few years :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.