Dec 15, 2011

Dear Santa....I've Been Sooooo Good This Year!!!!

It makes me sad to know that I stopped believing in Santa when I was 11.

I still remember that awful day when I found out he wasn't "real".  I had come home from school crying after being teased on the playground by my school mates about still believing in Santa.  I asked my Mom directly, "Mom, everyone says that Santa isn't real but I keep telling them that he is."  She looked at me and said, "Christina, it's time you knew the truth..."  Our conversation ended with me crying all evening and promising never to tell my little sister what I learned.  From that day on, Christmas was different for me.

Needless to say, my Mom still signs Christmas packages from Santa but, let's be honest, we all know the truth.  And this year, the role of Santa has fallen on to Allan's shoulders since we're having a just-him-and-I-and-no-family-Christmas this year.  Though we're on a budget because of the pending nuptials, my desires usually outshine logic during this time of year.  My ever-increasing list looks like this:

1.  Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Flat Iron (1")

Alright, alright, I already know that Allan got this for me BUT it was an absolute necessity that I told him the one I wanted.  First, about three or four weeks ago my straightener DIED.  Seriously, DEAD!!!  Anyway, this one came not only very highly recommended but also with tons of free goodies so I sent him the link and made sure he purchased it.

2.  Urban Decay NAKED Palette 

I have wanted this palette for quite some time, let me tell you.  And about three weeks ago, with the launch of NAKED 2, I was completely taken aback by the fact that I didn't own the original yet.  Either way, the original is still the one I want and am hoping Santa/Allan will make it happen.

3.  Sephora Monopoly Limited Edition

Yes, I am slightly nerdy but, come on, Sephora makes a Monopoloy game???  How exciting would it be to play with lipstick charms instead of Scotty dogs?  Tons if I do say so myself.  Plus, I can not wait to sit Allan down and make him play with me!!!! 

4.  Nutcracker/Swan Lake/Carmen Ballet DVD's 

Ballet as you all know is still a major passion of mine and I would love nothing more than to have a HUGE collection of ballet DVD's.  The Bolshoi, the Kirov, the National School of Ballet....it doesn't matter the company as long as they are performing one of my favorite ballets.

5.  Strawberry Shortcake Decadent Body Butter by Cake 

Have you smelled this before???  It smells EXACTLY like the Strawberry Shortcake doll I used to have.  The scent is absolutely heavenly.  Plus, Cake is a great bath/body line and their creams last a very long time on your skin.

6.  LUSH Bath Bombs

I have left this open as I am happy with ANY and ALL scented bath bombs created by LUSH.  They all smell divine, make the tub water feel dreamy and leave a gorgeous feel on your skin afterwards.  No bath time is complete without one of these bad boys in the tub.

I really really really hope you're reading this Santa.  I have been SUCH a good girl this year.  (PS - What's on your list to Santa?)


8 comments:

  1. So really this is just a shopping list for Allan?? haha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @bronwen

    Hahahaha, yes, except since he doesn't usually read my blog consistently, I'm guessing it's turning into more of a wish list.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, heads up that the Cake Strawberry stuff was on clearance at my Sephora a few weeks ago. You might want to check out your nearest location!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Liz (Beauty Reductionista)
    Ooo, thanks Liz! I thought I saw that too but wasn't sure. I might have to check that out tonight

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm taht Cake body butter looks yummy, I've never tried anything from Cake! LUSH bath bombs are also on my list (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have NO memory of learning Santa wasn't real, so I asked my mom. She doesn't remember me finding out about it, but she did say none of us (my 2 brothers and I) LIKED Santa .... xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will LOVE your Sedu! We sell tons of them at work and people NEVER return them. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.