Nov 16, 2011

Fall 2011 Favorites: Lipstick!

Lipstick makes me happier than ribs slathered in my favorite BBQ sauce.  Honestly, I'm just sayin'.  As scrumptious as ribs (or any BBQ food) are there is a certain je ne sais quoi about a fabulous colored lipstick.  Well, for me anyway.  It adds a bounce to my step and can sometimes make me feel fabulous even on the worst day.  With that in mind, here's a list of my favorite lipsticks that completed my looks this fall:

Maybelline Fifth Ave. Fuchsia #160

I'm swooning just looking at this picture.  There is nothing sexier than rocking a fabulous fuchsia lip with some killer over-the-knee boots.  Honestly, this was my staple color for about three weeks.  I love this one by Maybelline because the color lasts a long time, the smudging is minimal and the actual color of the lipstick is divine. 

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Bouquet

I love the Bite line because it has an all-natural ingredient list.  Plus it's jam-packed with antioxidants that leave your lips smooth and moisturized.  This color is one I wear to the office a lot because of the sunny pink tone.  It's not too overwhelming as a color but gives your lips a nice pop color. I highly recommend this color and product line.

Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Berry, Berry Nice

I bought this by accident.  I thought I ordered a wine color but instead received a bright red berry tone which has actually taken the place as my favorite red over Youngblood's Crimson.  (I know, shocking.)  Either way, this color suits my skin tone to a tee because it's blue-based.  I have honestly been on the hunt for a blue-based berry red for so long and it's crazy to think I found it for under $4.  This lipstick is rich in color, wears well, doesn't smudge too much and looks great on.  I do wish that the color would last a bit longer on my lips though.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Love That Pink #435

I find the name of this color funny because, once on, it almost looks a bit orange.  Either way, this color is on the list for a reason.  I apply this color a couple times first thing in the morning and the color lasts all day, even through lunch.  I love the feel of it on my lips and my lips obviously love it since they stay moisturized all day.  Plus, it was on sale and I bought it for only $3.99...such a steal.

I should probably mention that I use a nude/natural lip liner with all my lipsticks, not a colored one.  I like nude lip liners because they hold the color of your lipstick in place and don't leave a horrible line around your lips when your lipstick fades.  My go-to is Rimmel London's 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Natural.  I definitely recommend it if you're on the hunt for a bargain.

What are your favorite lipsticks for fall?  Have you tried any of these before?

PS - It's time for another Wedding Wednesday Post so check it out at www.rubyna.com

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh... so many choices! You know me, I'm a lip balm girl all the way, especially in this weather, but do like to mix it up on occasion too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to try a Bite lipstick, too - they're on the list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the first one! They're all really gorgeous though. You have lovely lips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good tip for the neutral liner! going to do that as i'm a liner newbie for the most part just because I didn't feel like stocking up on a million different colors lol. don't know why i didn't think about just a flesh tone one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pictures, Bouquet is a lovely nude.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.