Aug 12, 2011

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Cleanser for Clogged Pores

The past few weeks have been pretty stressful for me and the weird thing is, I don't even know why.  I honestly have absolutely no idea why it is that I am so stressed.  So, you can imagine my relief that it's Friday (and casual day at work...yes!) which means it's finally "pamper myself" day.  And, seriously, my skin needs it....BAD.  I was looking at my nose in the mirror the other day and was shocked to discover tons of little blackheads.  Yes, those gross little black dots.....ON MY NOSE.  I realize that blackheads are fairly common, and I've had them before, but these were a bit different.  The seemed to be rather inflamed blackheads.  Not a good combination, let me tell you.  So, I raked my brain for the perfect cleanser and came up with this bad boy...

Cleanser for Clogged Pores

1 Tsp. milk
1 Tsp. honey
1 Tbsp. ground almonds

Mix all ingredients together and apply to your face.  Scrub lightly for a few minutes and then rinse off with cool water.  **Quick Note: You can buy ground almonds but they are really hard to find.  So, if you have a food processor or blender, you can grind your own but make sure they are blanched/skinless almonds.

Why this works? Almonds are known to prevent wrinkles as well as works wonders on blackheads.  Not only that but almonds also gives you skin a great glow and really makes for a flawless complexion.
Sigh, I can't wait to go home, put on my kimono robe, some fuzzy slippers and cleanse my face.  What a life I lead....Let me know if you try this recipe out ladies!  I'd love to hear what you think!!

XO

6 comments:

  1. Ooo! Another DIY that I absolutely must try! Luckily I have all these things on hand (we have a lot of nice groceries in Chicago, so ground almonds are pretty easy to come by). I am going to whip this up later today and give it a try! Thanks and I hope you are able to relax over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome DIY, Christina!! Thanks so much! Can't wait to try it out . xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love DIY recipes and I do have clogged pores, thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! It'll definitely come in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of doing this with almonds, but it sounds like a great one to try...I usually squeeze out the blackheads on my nose...which is so bad for you bc it can break blood vessels!!

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your DIY posts, I think I might have to try this one. I want to give my skin a natural detox.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.