Jul 18, 2011

FOTD: The Work Appropriate Black Smoky Eye

NOTE TO SELF:  Never attempt to apply a black eyeshadow before going to work.  Or, ensure you double check the eyeshadow you've grabbed before you apply it.

Yes, I'm sure you can figure out exactly what happened here.  I was applying my makeup, like I always do, and as I was applying my eyeshadow, I realized I had selected a color that could literally pass for black.  As you all know, once a color like that is ON your eye lid, it's very very very difficult to remove.  So, after rubbing my lids with a kleenex for a very long time (alright, slight exaggeration...more like 5 minutes) AND applying a shimmery shadow on top, I think I found the perfect smoky eye mix:


Face:
Smashbox Photofinish Color Correcting Primer (Green)
Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup 010
Youngblood Fair Ultimate Concealer 
Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup in 102
Youngblood Brow Artiste in Dark (Eyebrows)

Cheeks:
Gosh Cosmetics Giant Sun Powder
E.L.F. Natural Radiance Blusher in Shy

Eyes:
E.L.F. Elements Essential Custom Eye Shadow in Dusk
Urban Decay Stardust Eyeshadow in Diamond Dog (bronze sparkle)
Youngblood Eye Liner Pencil in Blackest Black
Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara in Black

Lips:
Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Kiwiberry

I have to say, once applied I really do enjoy the look.  All in all I am pleasantly surprised.

XO

11 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! I love that it's work appropriate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lip color is gorgeous on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I really love the Diamond Dog, it's beautiful! I was afraid of too much fallout from such a super glittery shadow, but I see you have none! Hmm, maybe I need to check this out. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! When I want something more dramatic on my eyes for work, I do a similar look with shades like that!

    It looks wonderful on you!

    -Candice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha I love how your little pre-work makeup misshap turned into a pretty good work appropriate look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! And your hair looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Ive done this before "Oh crap this is so much darker than I remembered....doh!" blend blend blend! Love the sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much ladies for the comments

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, really nice!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Your lashes are killer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.