Jun 22, 2011

A Gorgeous Pink for Every Budget

Pink is my favorite lip color.  I adore pink because it looks fabulous with a smoky eye, can be worn to the office and out for a night on the town and it looks great with every outfit from casual to formal.  I like pink lipsticks/glosses so much that I have over 25 different shades.

I wish I could say that I don't have a problem and I use all of my 25 tubes frequently.  However, this is not the case at all.  Last night, I went through the dreaded third drawer of my vanity table.  I say dreaded because I throw absolutely everything in this drawer.  (Packages I've ordered and am trying to hide from Allan, duplicate products, etc.)
 While scouring the drawer, I stumbled across 5 tubes of lipstick/glosses that all had a very similar hue.  From left to right: Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Sparkling Warm Rose, Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Negligee Pink, ELF Super Shiny Lip Shine in Pink Kiss, Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Milly Pink and Mark Glossblossom Ripening Lip Tint.

Though they look very similar in their packages, you can definitely see the differences between them all from the swatches.  From left to right: Avon, Dior, ELF, Clinique and Mark.  (Quick note: The Mark Glossblossom is a color changing product.  As you can see, the color hasn't really changed while being on my hand.  The product does, though, change to be a pale pink with my body chemistry.)

OKAY, here's where it gets rather amusing.  After taking a series of pictures with each of the products on my lips I realized that they all look verrrry much the same.  See for yourself:....

Avon Lipstick in Sparkling Warm Rose. ($7 CAN)

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Negligee Pink. ($32 CAN)

ELF Lip Shine in Pink Kiss ($1 USD)

Woohoo, a slight change in color.  Clinique Glosswear in Milly Pink ($18 CAN)

Mark Glossblossom Lip Tint. ($8 CAN)

I know right?  Allan was laughing as he was taking the pictures saying "why do you have so many of the same product?"  I must say, after looking at the pictures I have to agree with him a bit.  

What are the differences you ask?  Why not just buy ELF instead of Dior?  Well, for me and my lipglosses/lipsticks, it comes down to what a product feels like on my lips.  So, my ratings are as follows:

1. Dior Gloss: This one takes the ribbon!  Gorgeous color, long lasting shine and not at all sticky on my lips.
2. Avon Lipstick: I love Avon!!!  Great color, super shimmery and very moisturizing.
3. Clinique Milly Pink: Stands out because it has a very slight fuschia undertone.  Plus, it's long lasting.
4. ELF Gloss: Very glossy and shiny but not that long lasting.  It does moisturize your lips though.
5. Mark Glossblossom: This fell flat for me.  It takes a good 10 minutes for it to change color and by that time, I would have applied something else.

What are your favorite pink lipsticks or glosses?  Have you tried any of these before?  XO

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you're a pink gloss addict!! haha! My new fave lip glosses are the Sephora ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink! Have to buy more shades, hehehe :D

    http://4seasons92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look really pretty! :) I'm not into lip gloss so much anymore, but I am looking for the perfect pink lippie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just made me laugh! I had the exact same convo with hubby about purple eyeshadows :) It's all about the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute your hubby is taking your pics for you though! Mine doesn't even know I have a blog LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing, these all look pretty on you. Pink is my favorite gloss too, I couldn't imagine having 25, hehe. I feel like mine go bad after a few months so I try to have about 5. He takes good pics. I've noticed guys hate helping take pics for fashion blogs, lol :)

    xoDale

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pink lips, but usually go for lipsticks because pink lipglosses just look clear on me :( That Avon lipstick is gorgeous on you! It's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pink shades! lip gloss (esp the pink one) is always so refreshing!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Bronwen...I'm a fan of the Sephora brand lip glosses too.

    @Natalie...Pink is a great color!

    @vintage Makeup...I haven't found a really great lipstick (pink) in quite some time. Though the Avon one is actually pretty good.

    @makeup Fairy....Ha, I know, they just don't understand

    @Perilously Pink....Really? He doesn't know you have a blog? He must wonder why you're spending all your time on the computer....ha

    @Dale...5 is a good number, I am slightly obsessed. Ha

    @Pretty in the Desert...thanks lady! I understand about the lipstick thing however I find that they are sometimes either too light or too dark

    @Lyosha...thanks lady

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really into pink glosses but I do like Chatterbox by M.A.C.:D

    Thanks for the swatches!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.