May 16, 2011

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Foot Soak

I swear, I do realize that today isn't Friday but due to the "blogger issue" that occurred last week I'm posting it today instead. 

First I would like to say that I don't pamper my feet as much as I should.  Don't get my wrong, I am not one of those people that works on their feet all day (I, in fact, sit at a desk all day which is much worse on other areas of my body...ha) BUT I wear high heels to work every day and, because of this, my feet really should be given a lot more attention than I currently give them.  Actually, I went for a pedicure about two weeks ago with my friend and while sitting in an amazing massage chair with my feet in a lavender bath, I realized it'd been over 6 months since my last pedicure.  COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

So, if you're as lazy as I obviously am, make your own foot soak at home to pamper your tootsies.

Silky Smooth Foot Soak

2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (if you don't have a lemon to squeeze, bottled lemon juice is fine)
1/4 tsp Cinammon
Warm water (use as much as you want to fill a bucket)

So this recipe is very easy ladies, as you can see.  Use a plastic container (I, personally, use a wide bucket but you can use anything that your feet will fit into comfortably) and mix all ingredients together.  Add warm water to fill the container.  Place container on floor and soak your feet away.  **If you have an essential oil sitting at home, you can always add a couple drops.  (I always have lavender oil around the house as it smells amazing and relaxes your body.)

Why this works?  We all know how amazing Olive Oil is for moisturizing our body but milk is also known as being a natural moisturizer too.  These two products combined will actually make your skin extremely soft and smooth.  Oh, another thing, if you have any marbles at home add them to your foot soak.  While soaking, roll your feet over the marbles.  It's a really nice and easy way to have a foot massage.

Remember, your feet are one of the most important parts of our body and yet they're the one part we neglect the most.  So, tonight, take a load off and soak your feet.  You'll feel so much better afterwards.

XO

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a great DIY! I totally don't treat my feet as well as I should either!
    Love the new look too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Bronwen. Feet definitely need to be pampered as much as the rest of us. YAY....I like the look a lot better too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! I love the idea about using the marbles as well! Congrats on the new design- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, I need one right now. Cinnamon? Sounds interesting.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use a dish pan to soak your feet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can i use evaporated milk?like carnation?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And how often do u do this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you replace the cinnamon with lavender? It's my favorite. I got a bunch from the local spice shop and add it to my vanilla tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.