Feb 21, 2011

Christina's Best Beauty Buys Under $15

Beauty bargains are my one and only reason for waking up early on the weekends. Seriously, the minute that Allan packs his bike and gear into the car, I am literally running out the door and to the mall. Wow, it almost sounds like a have a minor problem......ha.

Don't get me wrong, I've definitely cut back on my beauty product allowance since we bought the condo BUT there also comes a time to treat yourself. Particularly when there are fabulous beauty products out there for under $15....
TRESemme Waterless Foam Shampoo. I never thought I would find a different dry shampoo to replace my Batiste but I have. This shampoo is great because it's a foam. (This means no powder streaks left in your hair.) This foam has a great citrus scent and can refresh my whole head of hair with only two pumps. Plus, it's only $8.99 from Shoppers.

Annabelle Custom Quad Refillable Magnetic Compact and Mono Eye Shadows. I love palettes. I think I love palettes almost more than I love popcorn and man, that's a lot. This palette is one of my faves because it's refillable, the shadows are easy to change out AND you get to custom pick your colors. This palette holds up to four colors at once and each shadow fits perfectly inside with no movement. My custom palette is currently holding Ultraviolet (a bright purple), Fantasy (a beautiful turquoise), Metallic Meltdown (a shimmery bronze) and Revolover (a neutral grey metcallic). These shadows are only $6 a piece and if you buy four, you get the custom palette for free!!
Revlon Heavenly Metal Collection and in particular the three new metallic nail polish shades: Copper Penny, Silver Dollar and Gold Coin. For a girl as obsessed with metallics as I am, it's great to finally see true-blue color that actually captures the color it advertises. I am definitely loving the Copper Penny shade. These little polishes are only $7.49 a piece.

Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver. Ladies, ladies and even gentlemen, this cream is virtually flawless. I have used many different "radiance-enhancing" products in my day but this one actually works. I have been using it religiously every night, and most mornings actually, and my scarring and red splotches are actually going away. I will praise this to anyone who wants to listen. This cream typically costs about $12, however, I got it on sale and it cost me $3.50.

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Color. Allan gave me a few of these in my Christmas parcel and I am really liking them. The stay glossy, aren't too sticky and give your lips the perfect amount of color. My favorite colors are Juiced Berry, Yummy Berry and Shine Berry. At only $7 a piece, they're also great on your pocket book.

With the '70's being all the rage this year, blue eye shadow is back with a bang. In terms of blues, my favorite blue trio is Rimmel London's Color Rush Trio Eye Shadow in Maritime. These three colors (a grey highlighter, a light aqua blue all-over shadow and a gorgeous teal crease shadow) blend beautifully together and create the perfect blue lid. This palette was only $5.99Joe Fresh Cheek Tint in Pink. I love cheek tints. Not only are the purse friendly but you can touch up your cheeks, lips and eyes with one cute product. I am especially fond of the Joe line because it's top notch quality for virtually nothing. Seriously, these little puppies are only $4.
Avon Simply Because Frangrance for Her. Aside from my romance with Calvin Klein Beauty, this is the only other scent I've been wearing lately. It's light, airy and full of my favorites floral scents. Plus, it's purse-sized so you can carry it around with you. Oh, and only $9.99 from your local Avon rep.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. This cleanser is such a staple for me. Not only does it remove all makeup (eyes included) but it's non-comdogenic and doesn't cause breakouts. I use this cleanser every night and love the way my skin feels after I've washed it off. Oh, and it's only about $14 for a nice big bottle.

Anything I've missed ladies? What are your favorite products under $15?

4 comments:

  1. I've been using the foam shampoo as well for a while, honestly, I'm not that familiar with dry shampoos, but I like it too. It's a little sticky, which I don't really like, but it makes up for it with my hair being oil-free for a day.
    I'm definitely ordering the banishing cream, it sounds amazing.
    Actually I have found that I really like all of Avon's skincare lines that I've tried and they are, for the most part, all under $15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the Avon products. I have been very satisfied with my recent purchases and highly recommend almost everything!!! I agree about the stickiness with the shampoo, however, as long as you don't use too much it should be okay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get the banishing cream. My biggest issue at the moment is pigment scarring. I'm a big fan of the Victoria's Secret lip gloss too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Victoria secret beauty rush lipglosses,its a must for me all the time and they last for a long time


    www.myeverydaytreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.