Oct 12, 2010

The Price of Eminence

On a whim, I purchased two facial products after my massage. (Definitely not the best time to shop.)

That day, not only had I received a massage, but also a facial, pedicure, reflexology and a lip treatment, so I'm not too sure if I purchased these ridiculously expensive products because I was EXTREMELY relaxed or I'd inhaled too many different fumes.

For those that haven't heard of Eminence Organics, they're a Canadian product line free of parabens and sulfates AND the products are award winning. (The skin care line has won many, many, many awards for being the "Best of the Best".) Now, of course, not every spa uses Eminence, but if they do, you're definitely in for a real treat.

There was a huge variety of products used by Jasmine, the Technician, but I purchased the Strawberry Rhubarb Masque and Couperose-C Antioxidant Serum. The masque is an amazingly indulgent treat, since it smells just like strawberry yogurt, AND there are real chunks of rhubarb and strawberry right in the jar.

Product is very simple, scoop a little in to your palm, dilute with water, and apply to face and neck, BUT the price tag is heavy: $58 for only 2 fl. The serum, meant to be worn prior to moisturizer, smells like rosehip and peppermint. Application is extremely simple too, since it comes with a squeeze top eye-dropper, but again, $48 for 1 fl. oz is not a great deal.

Big question of the day: Do they work?

I love the masque. All the ingredients work together to moisturize, brighten and heal your skin, all the while smelling fantastic. It goes on nicely and does work to take away redness and even out your skin's texture. The serum, though, I'm not a fan of. It does hydrate and nourish, but it doesn't do a good job of reducing redness or irritation. (I want to find a better serum without the hefty price tag.)

As you all know, I love indulging, but next time I want to purchase an Eminence product, I'll wait for the Spa Show and purchase it at the wholesale price....

Have you ever spent a lot of money on something which turned out to bomb??? If so, tell me about it....

3 comments:

  1. Crazy things you'll do in a post massage haze! I've bought lots of hair products that have bombed, but the ones I actually spend a fair bit of money on have worked well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's try this again....Totally. I'm lucky that Allan is away this week and won't be reading this post as they were very expensive. Don't get my wrong, I love pricey products if they work but I can't justify spending a ton of money if they don't...Good for you on the hair stuff. Most expensive hair products really are worth the price

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.